People usually use these 3 names: “Developers”,“Programmers”, “Coders” to mention to people who work with computer to make softwares. However, they are not the same. So to know The Differences Among Programmers, Developers and Engineers, let’s find out by some answers.
They are experts in a programming language (java, PHP, C). So when an IT student learning some languages from university graduate, he just use PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS how can we call him? He is a Web programmer. If he design or program CSDL, he is a Database Programmer. If he is an expert in coding mobile app, he is a Mobile Programmer.
They create the core elements which Developers & Programmers can use and develop. They can be developers, experts of a programming language, create a new different recipe for everyone to use. These are examples of well known people in this filed:
– Ryan Dahl wrote Node.js
– John Pemberton – a pharmacist – made coca colacola
– David Heinemeire created Rails or Linux Torvals tool
This people build the fundamentals. Some famous names:
– Bjarne Stroustrup: created C++
– Edsger W. Dijkstra: made optimization algorithms
– Alan Turing: he is father of modern computer which is programmed to run automatically
– Ethernet and Robert MecalfeMecalfe worked together and created Ethernet standards
– Tim Berners – Lee: created Word Wide Web
– Shannon: build the foundations for Information Theory to compress images, video, and transmit information.
Todays, we cannot use Google, Facebook and this article without them 😉
Now, you’ve already known The Differences Among Programmers, Developers and Engineers. Choose one suitable for you to follow your dream 🙂