People say that “practice makes perfect”, however, you have to know the right way to follow to become an excellent one. Look at these 8 Ways You Should Know To Improve Your Coding Skills, they will help you to enhance any skill you need for your job and your self.
- Textbooks or Audios:If you are a beginner I think this is the easiest way to start. Read or listen to them, follow examples in them, try to understand everything and PRACTISE.
- Learn from seniors. It’s so important to learn from them, they have many-year-experience about this field and some tips you will never know in school. If you are in a company, study from the older ones. If you are in Google, I have some names for you: Jeff Dean, Craig Silverstein, or Ben Gomes.
- Focus on your programming language: Be a master of that. Focusing on 1 thing will help you learn quickly and gain familiarity with core, language libraries. Make sure that it’s a piece of cake.
- Review: Send your code you made to the strictest reviewer to test for you. They can find the smallest error you made that you cannot find our or ignore that. This is the best way to help you better.
- Study, study more, study forever: Enroll to the conferences, courses or join in topics to enhance your skill. You can consolidate and even learn more things from the experts.
- List to learn: list everything you want to learn more, you want to know, and then find anything related to that such as: books, expert… you can remember that much longer than what you learn passively in school.
- Think different: don’t solve many problems by one way, try to fix one by many ways as much as possible. Keeps your mind diversity to improve yourself and get new skills.
- Change environment: Don’t be hesitate to change the working environment when you realize that there is nothing there to learn anymore. Quite and starting learning the new thing.
And the most important thing: Remember that “ Practice makes perfect”